Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the funnies

Nothing irks me more than hearing the background noise of cartoons on the TV. Yes, me, I'm a cartoon hater. Ok, there are one or two classics that I like to think I can tolerate, but for the most part, I really hate cartoons. Always have. So, summer begins and the cartoon bonanza for most kids does too. This is something I have worked really hard to keep from being a tradition in our home. When the kids were little, I spent tons of money on camps. They went to magic camp, clown camp, camp camp, art camp, bible camp, sewing camp, MASH camp, I'm not kidding. When they got older, it was harder to convince them the camps were a good thing. So, they got jobs. At least the girls did, the bub was too young. This summer they are all three working. I can't believe it - I am so lucky. Thus begins another problem altogether. Did I fail to mention I do not own a vehicle at the moment? Yea, the girls each have a car, but I don't. So, the four of us working people will be sharing transportation all summer. We'll see how this goes. But at least I won't have to listen to the awful sound of cartoons in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment