Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Latest read

I got a kindle for my birthday this year and I love it. However, the book I am currently reading I got for .50 on Amazon - you can't beat that right? So, it's not on my kindle but I'm enjoying it nonetheless!

It's Rope Burns, Stories From the Corner by F.X. Toole. It's a collection of fictional short stories about a 'cut man'. A guy who stops the bleeding on a boxer so he can keep fighting. And so far it's really good. I know I have told you before I like to fantasize that I am Maggie from Million Dollar Baby. Well, that movie actually came from one of the stories in this book - which is why I got the book. I can't wait to get to that particular story. What I probably haven't told you is I love boxing. When I was a kid I watched the fight where 'Boom Boom' Mancini knocked out Duk Koo Kim and actually killed him right there. I mean it's not like he meant to but that is the chance these guys take in the ring. So, I've had a thing for boxing ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment