Monday, May 2, 2011

the young

All weekend long I encountered youth, and it made me smile big.

As I was driving around I saw a young couple in a front yard. The man was taking a picture of the girl standing beside a SOLD sign.

I convinced the other to take me to a music festival. The streets were filled with people of all ages, but what made the biggest impression on me was the young people. They were crazily dressed, some were crazy tipsy and mostly they were crazy happy.

One of my fitness instructors ran in a marathon. I parked on the side of the street watching and waiting to see her go by. I got so excited when I saw her that I jumped out of the car and ran up to her. When she looked up and saw me her face lit up and she thanked me for the support. I ran a little ways and then let her go to the finish where I quickly drove to and parked myself in a good spot to watch. I couldn't help but feel a little choked up as if this were my kid or something. It was raining cats, dogs and for a minute, hail. And it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment