Tuesday, May 17, 2011

standing room only

Tonight is the night. The 2nd is graduating and for some reason I am finding it harder than when the 1st did. It's funny, the 1st fretted about what was to come and the 2nd just keeps plugging along as if she were checking things off as she completes them. I'm proud of her accomplishments and am excited for what is to come. But I think also I feel proud of me too. One more has made it. They have done it without making all the stupid mistakes I made. It's true that my guidance, direction, and of course some coddling got them there. Every step of the way I talked to them but more importantly I listened. I let them know every bit of knowledge I had gained to give them all the tools they needed to survive and make the right decision for themselves. Mistakes were made, of course. But nothing was insurmountable.

1st graduated - check
2nd graduated - check
3rd.......

No comments:

Post a Comment