Thursday, April 28, 2011

letting it go

I have never really been an animal person. In the past I have turned my nose up to those who have 'indoor' animals. I just couldn't take the hair or the smell.

I have a dog, Sprout, who I love dearly. She was given to me by the other a long time ago. Surprisingly, I absolutely love my dog. She is an outdoor dog and she would have it no other way, and neither would I. I do let her in in bad weather because she asks to come in and it would be mean not to. However, she prefers the outdoors.

The oldest asked for a cat for years. An 'indoor' cat. I always stuck to my snobbish ways and said "Hell NO!"

I guess I need to tell you that the oldest suffers from depression. At times it's crippling. So.....I let it go. I let go of my now ridiculous rules on indoor pets and I got her Sheba. This animal literally saved her life. I am completely convinced. And what may sound light-heartedly written on this blog - should not be read as such. This cat who is almost human has brought so much joy and love into our home - it's unbelievable.

So, lesson learned. Let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment