Tuesday, April 26, 2011

food FOOD FOOD!!

I started out the biggest damn junk food junkie there ever was. I loved nachos, Taco Bell, canned tamales, McD's fries & chili dogs. Over the years, I became aware of exactly what I was shoving down my throat. Naturally I discovered this awareness after the birth of the three - when I was quite a bit larger than I am now. ahem. In fact at my 10 year highschool reunion, I got voted "Most Changed" with some cackling from my former flame and first love. *sigh*

I began reading anything and everything I could get my hands on about nutrition and exercise. Go ahead, ask me anything, I can probably give you the answer. I lost every bit of that baby weight and was my old, too skinny, highschool self again. Over the years, I gained a little back and recently I lost 31 pounds. I have reached my goal weight and yes I am happy about it. It's things like this that help you to realize you really can do anything you set your mind to. My whole life I was told that once you turn 40, there is absolutely nothing you can do about your weight. Add to that a hysterectomy and you are doomed to hell. Well, I'm 43 and I have proven that wrong. Yay for me!

Currently I am exploring all kinds of foods that are different than what I have known. I don't go for any of those fad diets or ridiculous berry claims. I stick to the basics and believe in eating ALOT less processed foods and of course exercising. I know, boring. It's much more exciting to think there is some magic pill or method to morphing into looking just like the rich and famous, but there isn't. My Mom always said use it or lose it - this goes for your metabolism too. Eat people! Just know what the heck it is you are eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment