Tuesday, April 26, 2011

i'm not speshul

Did I ever mention the fact that I fantasize about being someone else? well, I do. The kids like to make fun of me for it. So here's my list of people I want to be:

Alice - Main Character in Resident Evil
Maggie - woman boxer in Million Dollar Baby
Mattie - young girl in True Grit (the new version)

I have a friend at the gym who has an awesome blog. She is the real McCoy. Truly talented and absolutely beautiful. She's a graphic artist and VERY successful and good at what she does. I swear if I had the money I'd pay her to re-design me. Seriously. Anyway, you know how you always think you are the only one? Well, my friend also sees herself as fantasy characters. She often mentions Laura Croft from Tomb Raider and to tell you the truth she could totally pull it off!

So, my point is, I'm not special. I thought I was the only freak who fantasized about this kind of stuff. It's actually not as silly as it sounds. Notice a recurring theme in my characters? They are all strong women. So, I guess I see myself as a strong woman! huh, go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment