Monday, August 1, 2011

this is the story....

This is the story of your red right ankle
And how it came to meet your leg
And how the muscle bones and sinews tangled
And how the skin was softly shed
And how it whispered,
"Oh, adhere to me for we are bound by symmetry
And whatever differences our lives have been
We together make a limb."
This is the story of your red right ankle......

I love these lyrics. It's a song by the Decemberists who I am going to see in concert in exactly one week. Thank you Danny for introducing me to the Decemberists.

I have no idea what this song is supposed to mean, but for me it's about a lover and how the lover is like a part of the persons body all intertwined with their own. Anyway, I like it and I really hope they sing it at the concert even though they probably won't because it's an older song.

No comments:

Post a Comment