Friday, July 29, 2011

fuel

The other night a gym buddy of mine told me how much he liked watching me workout because I have so much energy. really? wow! thanks Eric! So, I started thinking about how I feel when I work out. I know I have told you several times that I don't always FEEL like working out but I go and I do.

I really think it matters what you have eaten all day long. If you eat relatively healthy food and a reasonable amount of calories, it really makes a difference in your energy levels. If you ate say, a huge greasy cheeseburger and fries, you might not have such a great workout.

I have also been reading a lot about what you eat right before you workout and how important it is to get some carbs in you to help with your energy level. I have always made sure I get a small snack about an hour before I workout and it makes a big difference. Last night was date night and I decided to forgo my snack so I could save the calories for dinner and it really affected me. Sorry to let you down Eric - but date night was worth it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment