Wednesday, August 17, 2011

life continues

It's that time again. The people I live with are either returning to school or beginning a new chapter of their education. Soon the house will be quiet and although I am stretched as thin as possible, I'll be sad.

The oldest will return to her home away from home - a place I myself am very envious of.
The middle will begin her journey away from home - but not too far.
And the boy will be the only one of our kind on campus now as he begins his junior year.

And as for me? I am finally taking a trip with the other. We will be wilderness backpacking soon. I am excited to get away and nervous at the same time. The other doesn't have to worry about little animals getting fed. His are left to their own devices in pastures a little greener than before as it finally rained. He doesn't have to worry about peoples away from home. And he doesn't have to worry about a boy getting a ride from school. But all that said, I am going to try my damnedest to relax and enjoy the fresh air, the silence, the solitude and pooping in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment